Are you a Baking enthusiast and want the best baking tools to showcase your baking skills. Investing in a stand mixer for baking needs in your kitchen is definitely a great deal. However, hand mixers are the economical optional, but for absolutely great results in your baking, a stand mixer is the wiser choice. Even I think, if you are an occasional baker, a hand mixer is best. But if you are a regular home baker, then absolutely go for the Stand Mixer for Baking.
Whether you need to prepare the fluffy batter for cakes and cookies, or for kneading the bread dough, and even whipping the cream and egg whites, a stand mixer can make all these tasks a breeze. And the best thing is that you don’t need to put stress on your arms as the appliance can ease the process by just doing everything and you don’t need to involve your hands. And so at the same time, you can do your other works as well. Now the question comes,
What is a Stand Mixer?
Like the same as hand mixers, stand mixers are the appliance used for beating, mixing, mashing, and blending the ingredients to make your favorite baked goodies. It offers you the hands-off convenience and saves your time as well. A stand mixer comes with a mixing bowl attached to it with various speed settings. You just need to put the ingredients in it and switch the power on at the desired speed level, and it can do all for your baking needs.
Our Best Picks of Stand Mixers for Baking
Since a stand mixer is such an investment piece, so choosing it wisely will make your investment fully worth. A good quality kitchen stand mixer for baking should be capable of good mixing ability, good functionality, hands-on accessories, nice capacity, great power, and the ease of use. Plus the price, warranties, and other features make it more worth. So, keeping all these features in mind, we have rounded up some of the best and latest pieces to make the baking more fun and exciting. Have a look at our best-picked models of stand mixer for baking.
|Brand & Model||Power||Capacity||Speed Settings|
|KitchenAid KSM150PSER||325 W||5-Quart||10||Buy on Amazon|
|KitchenAid KSM75WH||275 W||4.5 Quart||10||Buy on Amazon|
|Cuisinart SM-50BC||500 W||5.5 Quart||12||Buy on Amazon|
|Breville BEM800XL||550 W||5 Quart||12||Buy on Amazon|
|Hamilton Beach 64651||290 W||4 Quart||6||Buy on Amazon|
|Dash||250 W||3 Quart||6||Buy on Amazon|
|Cusimax||800 W||5 Quart||Min-Med-Max||Buy on Amazon|
Get a detailed review of all these models of stand mixer for baking in our Review Section.
Stand Mixers for Baking Buying Guide
How Stand Mixer works?
The working principle of a stand mixer is based on an electric motor that drives a number of gears. When you switch on the appliance, the engine starts turning the gears, which in result rotates the beaters for mixing the ingredients. Most of the advanced stand mixers come with a lot more attachments that can not only be used in mixing but also for other works too like dough kneading etc. Even it can also help you to make pasta, sauce, ice cream, or mill the grains.
Types of Stand Mixer for Baking
Stand mixers are basically categorized based on two categories: Design of the base and their mixing action. So now describing the first depending upon the base design of the stand mixer, it is further categorized into two types:
Tilt-Head Design- The tilt-head or head-lift stand mixer tilts upward that lets you attach or remove the mixing bowl and attachments easily.
Bowl-Lift Design- As the name says, these type of stand mixers works by moving the bowl. Here the bowl gets hooked to the extended arms of the machine. And the arms raise and lift to insert and remove the bowl easily. These are considered to be more powerful because of its heavy motors.
And the second category of the stand mixers depending upon their mixing action, which again comes in two types:
Planetary Action Stand Mixers- It comes with a single beater that spins on its axis and rotates around the bowl. These stand mixers offer more consistent mixing of the batter.
Stationary Stand Mixers- The stationary stand mixers come with two stationary beaters, and the mixing action takes place in the middle that results in unthorough mixing. So, you need to move the bowl for mixing the batter perfectly. And so, I think it is not as perfect for you as they mix the ingredients imperfectly.
Stand Mixers Vs. Hand Mixers
A stand mixer can easily tackle all your baking tasks and thus makes you cooking life easy. It can do all the tasks that would be harder or impossible to do using your hands. Even though a hand mixer is compact, portable, and economical over stand mixers and also great for occasional bakers, investing in a stand mixer for baking purpose is always the best deal. With its extra power and convenient options, and bigger bowl capacity, it tends to make more recipes in large quantities even without putting much more manual effort. Plus the great set of attachments and variable speed options enables the stand mixer to effectively handle the task of whipping creams, whisking eggs, creaming butter, aerating batters, and kneading the dough, etc.over the hand mixers.
The Pros and Cons of Stand Mixers
- These are great for professional use and even if you are a frequent home baker
- It can take off the manual labor of your hands, plus reduces the time you work on baking
- Its stable bowl allows you not to hold the bowl while mixing and making the dough. That means your hands become totally free and you can do your other tasks too.
- The bowl comes with a stand mixer are usually large in size, so there is no matter of splashing out of the batter.
- It quickens the task of mixing, blending, and dough making.
- It can easily handle the heavy dough as well.
- Stand mixers also come with extra add ons including timer set function, various speed settings, auto-stop, and other advanced programmable settings.
- Higher on the price side.
- Cleaning of most of the parts is quite difficult.
- Takes much space of your kitchen countertop.
Features to consider before buying a Stand Mixer for Baking- How to choose?
- Analyze your Baking Needs
- Are you a seasonal baker?
- Do you bake regularly?
- Are you baking in large quantities?
- Fond of Making breads on a regular basis?
First, check for the answer of the above questions and if most of them are answered “Yes,” then definitely go for a stand mixer to fulfill your baking needs.
Now then, check for the following points before going to buy a new Stand Mixer for baking.
This feature also depends upon how frequently and how much do you bake. So, before buying a stand mixer, check for the bowl capacity first. The regular stand mixers come with the bowl size ranging from 4 quarts to 6 quarts. I think this capacity is great enough to serve a small to medium-sized family. By if you need to cater to large group or family, you must go for the one having bowl capacity more than the previous one. The commercial stand mixer has great bowl capacity as high up to 60 quarts. So, the choice depends on you.
Size is definitely another important consideration before buying a stand mixer for baking . Check for the space first on your kitchen countertop. Some models come in compact shape and size, and some are bulkier too. So, choose the one accordingly.
Go for the one that must be powerful enough to handle a great range of recipes depending on your baking needs. A good stand mixer comes with the high-quality, powerful motor to run effectively for a longer duration.
Simple Control Options
Even though the stand mixers are bulky appliances, the easy to use control makes them very handy. Go for the one that comes with a secure bowl to the base, easy to lift and lock head, easy to add and remove the batter attachments. Also, check for the attach splash guards and much more so you can handle the appliance very easily and conveniently.
Slow Start Feature
A decent type of stand mixer for baking comes with this amazing feature letting you start the appliance at slow speed mode first. It prevents the contents from being splashed out of the bowl or splatter your walls. Even starting on a slow speed feature also handles the delicate batter very effectively.
Multiple Speed Settings
Variable speed setting options allow you to perform multiple tasks depending on the desired level of speed. Like whipping cream at medium to higher speed and kneading the dough at the lower speed. Generally, the stand mixers come with 3-12 speed settings. The one having less than six-speed settings is ideal for a regular home baker. But if you are a professional baker, then it is ideal to invest in a stand mixer having more than six-speed settings.
Optional Accessories and Attachments
The stand mixers come with interchangeable beaters to handle different type of recipes. That includes a dough hook for kneading cookie dough, and a whisk for aerating things like whipping creams, egg whites, etc. Some of the advanced stand mixers are also included with a power hub to attach additional accessories like meat grinder or pasta maker but are quite expensive. But considering these extra added features makes the price really worth.
Some extra bells and whistles
- Overload protector
- A good locking mechanism
- Dishwasher safe attachments
- Pouring shield or splatter shield
- Variable color options to match your kitchen decor
Best Stand Mixers for Baking Reviews
So, here comes the full review of all the models of stand mixer for baking that we have picked along with their specifications and pros and cons as well. Thus, you can now ease your buying decision.
1. KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
The KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer for baking is our top pick because of its outstanding performance and marvelous features. Here, I am talking about the red color that is a perfect match for your kitchen decor. But you have the option to choose over from twenty different color options that best match your style. The best thing I like about this stand mixer is its ten-speed slide control ranges. Whether it is a very slow stir of the cake batter or even either the faster cream whip, you can choose the speed accordingly.
With the capacity of 5 qt. Stainless steel bowl, the appliance will definitely be your great helping hand in making large batches of baked goodies. If I say, it can make nine dozen of cookies or four loaves of bread in one go, you will wonder, but definitely, it can.
Now, talking about its mixing action, this stand mixer comes with the planetary mixing action with 59 points. And this feature ensures the complete coverage as well as perfect incorporation of ingredients. The another best feature of this stand mixer is its tilt-head design. This makes it convenient to add ingredients for your recipe as you can easily see over the bowl and the attached beater.
The mixer is powerful enough to tackle the heavy-duty tasks you need in your baking with the very quiet operation, so you will never get bothered with the noise. One more thing that is extremely good about this stand mixer is its versatility that makes the appliance more wonderful. You can showcase your culinary skills in baking with its easy to use multiple attachments that can do everything from mixing, whipping, whisking to making pasta or shredding cheese in a matter of minutes. Have a quick look at its best of the best features.
- Tilt head design
- Available in 20 color options
- 5-quart stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle
- 59-point planetary mixing action
- 10 variable speed settings
- 15 optional attachments
- Includes- A coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip, and 1-piece pouring shield
- Solid and sturdy built
- The design is very simple and user-friendly
- Cleaning of the bowl is very easy. It’s smooth and rounded body can easily get cleaned in a single wipe.
- Flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher safe
- The pouring shield keeps mixing mess-free
- Comes with only one year warranty that is very less for such a pricey machine
2. KitchenAid KSM75WH Classic Plus Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
The KitchenAid KSM75WH Classic Plus Series Stand Mixer is another best choice to tackle all your baking tasks with ease. If you are a professional baker or a seasoned baker, or a frequent home baker, the appliance will never let you down in making your task easy for various baking preparations. The features it comes with is marvelous that makes it a timeless addition for your kitchen. For all baking needs, including blending, whisking, kneading, and mixing, the appliance can do all very easily. And with the super-easy user- interface, even a novice can handle it very easily.
It comes in a tilt-head design allowing you the easy access to the mixing bowl. The capacity of the mixing bowl is 4.5 quart that is pretty good to accommodate from medium to large baking batches. This stand mixer is equipped with planetary mixing action with 59 touchpoints per rotation, ensuring the better incorporation of the ingredients to turn out your baked goodies absolutely perfect.
Ranging with ten-speed settings, the appliance can do all depending upon the desired speed settings, whether it is low-speed stir for the cake batter, or heavy cream whipping tasks, and even dough kneading. And the most exciting feature is its attachment hub that can work well with more than fifteen additional attachments like pasta making, citrus juicing, ice-cream making, and much more. And so you can diversify your cooking and baking options by adding these attachments depending on your need. Have a quick look at its key features.
- Tilt-head design
- 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl
- Direct drive transmission
- Multipurpose attachment hub with over 15 optional attachments
- 59-point planetary mixing action
- 10-speed settings
- 275 W powerful motor
- 3 beater attachments included for a variety of tasks. Nylon-coated flat beater, coated dough hook, and 6-wire whip
- Dishwasher safe attachments
- Extremely nice build quality
- Light in weight and doesn’t take much space for storage
- Perfectly right size of the bowl
- User-friendly appliance
- Quiet operation
- The bowl doesn’t come with the handle; somehow gripping is uncomfortable
- Only two color choices are available
3. Cuisinart SM-50BC 5.5-Quart Stand Mixer, Brushed Chrome, Silver Lining
Build with outstanding features and offering you the best performance and precision, the Cuisinart SM-50BC stand mixer for baking is a great buy to showcase your baking skills. It is even the better choice for professional and seasoned bakers as well as for home bakers too. What I extremely love about this stand mixer is its bigger mixing bowl with the capacity of 5.5 quarts that can mix for large batches for cookie dough, cake batter, bread yeast and other tricky recipes in one go. And the bowl is also included with the splash guard leaving you free from worrying about the messy countertops.
The different color options are available for this stand mixer including ruby red, onyx, periwinkle blue, robin’s egg, silver lining, and white linen so choose the one that perfectly suits your kitchen decor.
This one also comes in a tilt-head design like the former two. So you have the full control to access the bowl so that you can easily add the ingredients to it. Talking about the construction, this stand mixer is made up of die-cast metal that can hold up to daily use. And the more advanced part is its 12-speed control settings offering you the full control over mixing for different recipes. One thing that I really don’t like of this stand mixer is its round speed dial that is pretty inconvenient to operate when your hands are sticky and battery. So, I think it should be replaced with button speed controls.
Talking about the attachments, it comes with the paddle, whisks, and hook. The paddle works perfectly for mixing and incorporating the ingredients well. And same here for the whisk and dough hook. The power port supports various attachments including pasta roller and cutter, pasta extruder, meat grinder, frozen dessert maker, and spiralizer to work with them seamlessly. Have a quick look at its ultimate features.
- Die-cast metal construction
- Large 5.5-quart mixing bowl capacity
- Polished stainless steel bowl
- Powerful 500 W motor
- Tilt-head design allows easy access to the bowl
- 12 speeds for precision mixing
- One power outlet for optional attachments
- Includes chef’s whisk, dough hook, flat mixing paddle, and splash guard with pour spout
- Optional Attachments include Pasta Extruder, Pasta Roller & Cutters, Ice Cream Maker, Meat Grinder, Spiralizer
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Heavy-duty stand mixer
- The mixing bowl capacity is very nice to handle mixing needs for bulk baking
- Mixing bowl also comes with the gripping handle which is too good for easy handling
- The powerful motor handles the heaviest mixing task
- The splash cover keeps dry ingredients in the bowl & not all over the kitchen
- Very easy operation
- Different color options are available to choose from
- Reasonable price
- Due to its high capacity, it can be difficult to prepare small quantities
- Round speed dial somehow inconvenient to operate when your hands are sticky and battery
4. Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer
Take your baking up to the next level with this smart stand mixer from Breville. It is crafted in a manner that provides you stress-free baking and an extreme pleasure to use the appliance. The model BEM800Xl from Breville combines sleek and artistic design, innovative technology, and top-notch performance in one single appliance.
Highlighting the design part, it is designed with heavy-duty die-cast metal offering the unit a robust structure and also provides the exceptional balance to it. So that, it can stick well to the countertop without moving. It comes in a tilt-head design that makes the mixer to get locked into place both in the mixing position as well as while lifting. And so you don’t need to worry while adding the ingredients to it. There also comes a convenient handhold on the bottom and a lift-assist handle on the front head of the motor that makes the lifting and carrying of the appliance very easy. The appliance also has a space at the base for neatly storing the power cord.
This stand mixer for baking is featured with special planetary action for efficient mixing, blending, beating, whipping, and kneading. Plus, the counter-clockwise mixing head and anti-clockwise sweeping action of wide attachments provide 360-degree coverage of the entire bowl. What I like very much about this stand mixer is its 12 different speed settings that are controlled by an easy turn dial with an LED light strip showing the task you have selected. Another LED timer display is also there that you can set to count down depending upon the recipe’s time requirement.
It comes with the necessary punch of power requirement with its 550W of powerful motor that can withstand with heavy duty whipping, whisking, and kneading tasks. Plus, the 5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl offers you plenty of space to prepare ingredients for large batches of baked goods.
- Planetary mixing action
- Tilt-head stand mixer
- 550 W powerful motor
- Load sensing technology with motor protection
- 12-speed electronic control
- 10-minute timer with auto-off
- Die-cast metal stand
- Double sided-scraper beater
- Well designed stand mixer that offers stress-free baking
- Its powerful motor provides plenty of strength for tough tasks
- Great in terms of performance
- Very efficient to perform heavy-duty baking tasks
- Cleaning of the appliance is super easy
- Streamlined speed adjustment knob
- Digital timer is a great plus
5. Hamilton Beach 64651 6-Speed New Stand Mixer
This classic stand mixer from Hamilton Beach is a great addition to your kitchen to make your favorite cakes, cookies, and other baked goodies with ease. Having a bowl-lift design, the stand mixer makes to add ingredients more easily and conveniently to it. Powerful enough for the dense batter and heavy dough, this one can make large batches in one go. And the best part is that this mixer can easily be detachable from the base and works as a hand mixer offering you the extra mixing versatility.
The capacity of the mixing bowl is 4 quarts that is pretty much large enough to accommodate ingredients for your favorite baking recipes. This 2-in-1 appliance also comes with a bowl rest feature means the mixer to sit on the edge of the bowl to avoid the messy drips. Moreover, the shift and stir feature allow the mixing bowl to rotate for thorough and even mixing of the ingredients.
There come the six adjustable speed options that you can choose depending upon the mixing of ingredients. And the QuickBurst is another wow part for tackling the task easily from fast whip to slow stir. Even with the various versatile attachments, including traditional beaters, whisk, and dough hooks, you can do a variety of baking preparations with ease.
- 290 Watts of peak power for easy mixing
- Works both as hand mixer as well as stand mixer
- Six adjustable speeds with QuickBurst button
- Unique multi-position bowl
- 4 quarts shift and stir bowl
- Bowl rest feature to avoid messy drips
- Versatile attachments including traditional beaters, dough hooks, and whisk
- Classy look with the strong build quality
- Good power and speed control
- Doubles as a hand mixer that is really great
- Super easy to use and clean
- Lightweight and portable
- Reasonable price
- Not an ideal one for professional baking
- Design flaws in the mixing bowl that doesn’t actually travel the full distance of the spinners. So you have a huge portion around the sides that don’t get mixed unless you’re constantly scraping it into the center
- Very loud
- Not compatible with other optional attachments like a pasta maker, cheese shredder, etc.
6. Dash Stand Mixer
This stand mixer from the brand Dash is another great performer in our list for everyday baking needs. Convenient and compact, with an elegant aqua color, this stand mixer is offering a nice and classy appeal to your kitchen space. You can also choose among the different color options, including black, pink, copper, red, and white. Plus, its smaller footprint design easily fits underneath most of the kitchen cabinets as well as with limited kitchen countertop spaces.
It comes with a powerful 250 W motor that can easily tackle any type of mixing tasks so that you can turn your imagination into a perfect baked recipe. This stand mixer also has six adjustable speed settings starting from low to high whip and thus resulting in mixing, beating, and kneading with more even and uniform results. Its tilt-head design makes removing of the mixing bowl and ejecting the beaters or dough hooks very easy and so no messy at all.
The mixing bowl is made up of stainless steel to withstand for heavy-duty tasks and comes with the capacity of 3 quarts. So, you can make a pretty good amount of velvety smooth cakes, pancake and waffle batter, pizza dough, muffins, and cookie dough, whipped cream/egg whites, quick bread, dressings, dips, homemade mayonnaise, and much more. The appliance comes with two dough hooks, two mixer beaters, a recipes book, and recipe database access. All the non-electric parts are dishwasher safe, so no more messy to clean as well.
- Versatile for mixing and baking
- 250 W power
- 3 quarts stainless steel bowl
- Tilt-head design
- Six-speed settings
- Non-electric parts are dishwasher safe
- Includes two dough hooks and two beaters
- Elegant, stylish, and compact design
- The tilt-head style of this stand mixer offers efficient switch-out of beaters, bowls, and hooks
- Quality-wise it is amazing
- Very easy to use and clean
- It also has a little black switch on the base that changes the position of the bowl so that it can blend in the center or switch to blending along the sides of the bowl.
- Affordable price range
- Basic functionality is adequate
- The bowl unlock design is too good
- Should come with more speed settings
- Loud noise
7. Cusimax Tilt-Head Electric Mixer
The Cusimax stand mixer for baking is feature-packed with quality, design, and amazing performance to turn your baking imagination into reality with the utmost ease. Great to use not only for home bakers but also an excellent choice for professional bakers too. It is equipped with powerful 800W motors that can handle the heaviest tasks very easily you need in your baking. Its classy design with black color option is really an eye-catching part adding a charm to your kitchen interiors.
The appliance comes in a tilt-head design allowing you to add the ingredients to the bowl more easily and conveniently, as you have the easy access to the bowl and the beater. Plus, it is also featured with anti-slip silicone suction cups that keep the stand mixer steady. It has a handy speed control knob ranging from minimum, medium, and maximum. So you can easily choose the speed accordingly depending upon the recipe type you want to prepare.
When it comes to the mixing bowl, it is pretty strong and sturdy with stainless steel construction and has the capacity of 5 Quarts. And I think this capacity is amazingly good to handle large batches of heavy mixtures. Moreover, it is dishwasher safe, so no more worry about the cleaning. And the best part is its splatter shield that can protect the messy drips, drops, and spills to your countertop. This stand mixer comes with the handy and convenient attachments including mixing beater, kneading attachment and whisk to mix, whip and knead a variety of foods ranging from cream to cookie dough. And so you get the versatility in preparing a huge range of baked goods in an effortless way.
- Tilt-head design
- 800 W motor
- 5 Qt large stainless steel bowl
- Splatter shield to prevent messy drips, drops, and spills
- Non-slip feet to keep the unit intact in place
- Three attachments: dough hook, mixing beater and egg whisk
- Speed control knob from minimum, medium to maximum
- Durable and sturdy
- Smart, classy design
- Easy to use
- Controls are easy to operate
- Great value for the price
- The attachments and mixing bowl are very easy to clean
- Gets heated up very fast
So, finally wrapping it up, I must say all the above-mentioned stand mixer for baking are top-notch. But before you buy, just think up which one is right for you and best suiting your kitchen needs. And with the blog, I am so sure about that the buying guide we have described, is pretty enough to finalize your decision. If you feel anything is missing in the blog, or want to share your suggestions, please pen down to us in the comment section below.