Sous Vide cookers or immersion circulators are all the rage right now. Used by proficient chefs all over the world, it makes the food cook just flawless! Using a water bath heated to a certain temperature, sous vide cookers prevent overcooking or even under cooking — ever. If you are a novice in the kitchen, do not worry – Sous Vide cookers will make your job a cakewalk.
Opt for these slow cookers and reach the exact doneness to food. Sous Vide machines are not only budget-friendly but consumer-oriented as well. Start cooking like a pro with these Sous Vide Cookers!
What is a Sous Vide Machine?
Sous Vide, also referred to as long-time low-temperature cooking, is a process of cooking food (mainly fish or meat) by preparing a water bath and placing food in a glass jar or plastic pouch – allowing it to cook at regulated temperatures. The process is done by vacuum-sealing and immersing the food in warm water (a water bath). It takes much longer than usual cooking, but the items cook to perfection.
Our Picks for Best Sous Vide Cookers
Here are some of our picks of the best Sous Vide cookers/immersion regulators for you:
|Preview||Best Sous Vide Cookers||Power||Warranty|
|Anova Culinary Sous Vide|
|750 W||2 Years||Buy on Amazon|
|Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide|
|800 W||1 Year||Buy on Amazon|
|Inkbird WiFi Sous Vide|
|1000 W||1 Year||Buy on Amazon|
|Vesta Precision Sous Vide Water Oven|
|650 W||2 Years||Buy on Amazon|
|Wancle Thermal Immersion Circulator|
|850 W||2 Years||Buy on Amazon|
|Breville CS10001 Joule Sous Vide|
|1100 W||1 Year||Buy on Amazon|
|Dash Chef Series Sous Vide|
|700 W||1 Year||Buy on Amazon|
Best Sous Vide Machine- Reviews
1. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker (Best Overall)
With Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker, you can cook whatever you want – veggies, meat, lamb, fish, beef, egg, pork, even soups and desserts.
Anova Culinary cooker stands out to be one of the best Sous Vide cookers as it distributes the heat and circulates the water perfectly in the pot. This, in turn, allows the food to cook thoroughly with maximum tenderness and moisture retention (and no chances of overcooking).
This immersion regulator cooks the food at a very low temperature to guarantee edge-to-edge perfection every time you cook. They help lock in moisture and flavor – which results in taste and texture.
To use, simply put your food in a plastic or sealable pouch – attach the cooker to a water-filled pot – set the timer and the temperature – and you’re good to go! Use the Anova app – control and monitor your cook right from your phone via Bluetooth or WiFi!
The Anova app has myriads of free recipes for cooks of every aptitude level. Besides, these cookers come with a built-in intuitive touchscreen interface; it makes a beep alert when the water has reached the required temperature.
- Flawless results every time you cook – circulates water at an accurate temperature to cook food evenly.
- Small but mighty with easy storage – nano-sized for utensil drawers.
- Very easy to clean (being made from durable plastics).
- Easy to use – attach to a pot, place the sealed food, let it cook.
- No extra devices are needed, such as a fire, stove, or thermometer.
- Connected cooking – set the time and temperature with the Anova app.
- 12.8 inches in height and 2.38 pounds weight with 1000 watt power and 110-120 Voltage.
- Removable and adjustable clamps with up to 5000 hours of cooking time.
- 5-8 litres/min flow rate.
- High quality of material
- Efficient temperature control
- High durability and versatility
- Bluetooth/wifi connectivity
- Limitless options to cook
- Water-resistant and easy to clean
- Value for money
- Adjustable control
- Over thousands of recipes to choose
- Slower at heating the water
- You cannot adjust the depth
- Cannot connect two devices at once
- It can cause uncomfortable noises sometimes
2. Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide, Precision Cooker, and Immersion Circulator (Runner Up)
Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide cooker comes with a digital touchscreen display and is a hit among professional chefs all across the globe! Accu Slim cookers are polished (and smaller) and can be counted on for all of your conventional sous vide requirements – with results tender and abundant in nutrients.
Instant Pot Precision Cookers are effortlessly easy to use. It comes with a built-in digital regulator and lightweight stainless steel with a rubber covering on the handle. The control panel of this instant pot model is clear and easy to operate. Moreover, cleaning it is such an easy-peasy job.
Made up of a removable stainless steel skirt and secure stand-up design, it requires almost no cleaning. Besides, the manual comes with an incredibly thorough cooking guide and simple instructions to follow.
This device helps circulate the water effectively (without depending on convection currents), thereby maintaining an accurately controlled cooking water bath for thorough cooking of the food (without any undercooked or overcooked spots).
The circulator maintains the set temperature and perfectly produces well-cooked steak, eggs, chicken, or other food items. Having a 12V DC motor, it is extremely quiet and fast and gets the job done easily. Plus, ensure increased durability than most standard AC motors.
- Adjustable controls – cooking time range from 10 minutes to 72 hours; temperature ranges from 40°C to 90°C or 104°F to 195°F.
- Effective circulation – circulates the water effectively, causing evenly distributed water baths with no cool or hot spots whatsoever.
- Free yourself to entertain – use specific pouches to fulfill personal tastes and dietary needs.
- Numerous recipes – get access to over 1000 recipes that make dinner prep a breeze. Use the Accu Slim free app on your iOS or Android device.
- Item weighs around 1.65 pounds and is approx 13″ long.
- Power supply: 120V to 60 Hz.
- Creates quality dishes at home
- Active pump system
- High durability than most AC motors
- Secured clamps
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use features
- On point accuracy
- Temperature control
- Value for money
- Adjustable control system
- Over thousands of recipes
- It needs a larger container than an instant pot
- No Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity
- Clamp is flimsy
3. Inkbird WiFi Sous Vide Culinary Cooker (Value for Money)
This Inkbird WiFi Sous Vide Culinary Cooker sets you free and makes you an expert in the kitchen. It is absolutely pocket-friendly and provides value for your money. As the name suggests, this immersion regulator offers WiFi connectivity. However, this unit only supports 2.4GHz WiFi routers.
It comes with an Inkbird smart app that you can use on your iOS or Android. The app can be used to manage your cooking from anywhere within your WiFi range. The app includes thousands of free delicious recipes that you can use to up your cooking game. You can share these recipes with your friends and family as well. o
This Culinary cooker is exceptionally easy to use – like any other Sous Vide immersion circulator. Put it in a water-filled pot, add your food items (sealed well in a plastic pouch or glass jar), set the temperature and timer, and make incredible dishes at the comfort of your home!
This Inkbird Sous Vide cooker has a Convenient User Interface touch screen – easy to manage and use. Moreover, the trendy LCD display makes it easy for you to set the cooking time. The LCD does not just provide a stylish appearance to the model but also makes cleaning easy.
The 360 degrees water circulation allows the cooker to distribute the water efficiently – preventing any possibility of overcooking or undercooking. It heats the water fast and makes the meat tender and moist. What’s more, the culinary sous vide precision slow device temperature preset values will be saved in case the power goes off.
The key component of this cooker is made up of an aluminum alloy – to protect the high-precision motor. It is programmable and makes no noise. So, if you are not a fan of beeping alerts and you enjoy cooking at ease, this is IT for you! Besides, you won’t require any additional equipment – such as a flame, gas, etc. You can simply choose the recipe and set the temperature on the machine (directly).
- 2.4GHZ WiFi Sous Vide Cooker – it lets you cook your favorite meal from any corner of your home within the WiFi range.
- Uniform and Fast Heat Circulation – the 360 degrees water circulation transfers heat efficiently, thereby retaining moisture in the food.
- Accurate Temperature and Simple User Interface – the touchscreen is user-friendly and very easy to understand.
- Programmable with No noise – the cooker does not make those irritating beeping sounds and is extremely easy to use.
- The temperature controlling range is 77°F ~ 210°F; temperature accuracy is 1°F; calibration range is -10°F ~ 10°F.
- The time setting range is (maximum) 99 hours 59 minutes; Time Setting (minimum) Interval is 1 minute.
- Precise temperature
- Programmable interface
- WiFi connectivity
- Touchscreen controls
- Sturdy construction
- Convenient min/max water fill indicators
- Removable housing for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Rapid heating elements
- Effective water circulator
- Value for money
- No beeping sounds
- Setting the time and temperature might get a little difficult
- The digital setup might be a little complicated for you to understand
4. Vesta Precision Sous Vide Water Oven (Best Water Oven)
Turn home cooks into gourmet chefs and develop incredible cooking results with the Vesta Precision Sous Vide water oven. A sleek and modern design with the onboard “touch visibility” – this Sous Vide water oven is made from the most powerful and unique pump design. It helps provide precise and stable temperature – and you hardly have to worry about controlling the cooking process.
This Precision water oven can circulate up to 10 litres of water (without the need for a separate pot or container). Just seal your food in a plastic pouch, submerge it in the water bath, set the temperature, and you’re done! Besides, it has a WiFi control system that allows you to Sous Vide from literally anywhere using your smartphone. It operates on both Android and IOS systems.
Vesta Precision water oven comes with a versatile look. It has a convenient user interface, and the “touch-visibility” display is quick and easy to use. Moreover, this model is made in such a way that it provides maximum water level protection – which is helpful when you cook for long hours. You can select the temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Powerful & Precise – it has a powerful pump design and provides stable temperature control.
- All-in-one water oven – you won’t need a separate vessel or container for cooking Sous Vide.
- Wifi-enabled app control – you can monitor, control, make adjustments to the machine from anywhere.
- Elegant & Contemporary look – it has a sleek and stylish appearance with the latest digital features.
- Safe & Secure – it has a maximum water level protection system.
- Potent pump design
- Detailed, safe temperature control
- WiFi connectivity
- Touch panel
- Water level protection
- Easy to use
- No need for a separate pot
- Circulars 10 litres of water
- Elegant touch display and control
- You may not see through the lid as it is made of glass (condensation occurs, and large droplets form).
- The wireless may sometimes crash or freeze. And you have to reset the unit.
- A little expensive.
5. Wancle Thermal Immersion Circulator (Best for Beginners)
As the name suggests, this Sous Vide Immersion Circulator is the best for beginners. It allows top-notch restaurant-style cooking all at home. You can cook practically everything without any noise, fuss, or overcooking and retain more vitamins, nutrients, and minerals.
This Sous Vide cooker comes with a digital control panel system that can adjust the time to minutes and make the temperature precise. It allows maximum time control (Max 99h 59mins) and temperature control (25-99.9°C)(77°F-211.8°F). Besides, it ensures maximum cooking safety.
Unlike other sous vide cookers with Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity, this brand focuses on the core functionality itself. No complicated features whatsoever – you can operate it single-handedly. And you don’t require any additional equipment as well. Moreover, cleaning it is a breeze as it is made from solid high-quality stainless steel.
- Restaurant cooking technology at home – you can produce high-quality sous vide dishes with this immersion circulator.
- Accurate timer & perfect doneness – it comes with a digital control panel and ensures maximum safety while cooking.
- Incredibly easy to use – focuses on the basic fundamental of sous vide cooking, rather than those with WiFi or Bluetooth features.
- Clever design & single-handed operation – no complicated button technology.
- Low/overheat water level protection system.
- Recipe E-cookbook
- Precise temperature digital timer
- High versatility and durability
- Easy to use
- Temperate control
- Decent user interface
- The excellent quality of material
- Ideal for beginners
- It takes up a little space
6. Breville CS10001 Joule Sous Vide (Most compact and sleek)
The Breville Joule Sous Vide Cooker comes with a sleek design and relies exclusively on a smartphone for all the necessary adjustments. It is physically smaller in size as compared to other sous vide immersion regulators (small enough to fit in the top drawer). However, it doesn’t have an onboard control system.
Joule is the smallest yet the most powerful device. It provides accurate temperature control. It comes with a unique pump system and a magnetic base that requires less water while cooking – and the water heats faster. It has WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity and supports both iOS and Android systems.
This cooker comes in a white surface and is formed of a heavy stainless steel cap and base. The stainless steel material allows the water to heat quickly and effectively. It also makes it easy to rinse and dry up.
- Smallest & slimmest – it has a streamlined white body and stainless steel base and cap.
- Provides maximum space – it is literally half the size as compared to other sous vide appliances.
- Hyper-fast heating system – it has 1100 watts of power.
- Perfect results with the joule app – the Joule app displays exactly how to sous vide.
- It is 11 inches tall and weighs 1.3 pounds, making it simpler to store.
- High durability and versatility
- Temperature control
- Easy to use and clean
- Bluetooth/wifi connectivity
- Compact and space saving
- No fancy equipment required
- Fast and precise
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Might have difficulty connecting to Bluetooth
- Issues at maintaining the temperature
- The timer may freeze or stop sometimes
7. Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide (Best Professional Grade)
Create a gourmet, restaurant-style meal at the comfort of your home using the Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide Cooker. It provides temperature control (within 02 degrees) that helps retain all the flavors and spices, and seasonings that you have put in your meal. The results, as always, are extremely tender and soft.
This device comes with a magnetic-driven water circulator system that circulates the water evenly. Thus the ingredients are thoroughly cooked. It also helps reduce dryness or any overcooked or undercooked spots and seals in the flavor.
The Dash Chef Series provides time (10 minutes to 72 hours) and temperature control (104-194°F). Moreover, the LED digital timer display is sensor touch – which helps you control and monitor your cooking easily. Besides, it has a large capacity and makes an ideal kitchen item for picky eaters or big families.
- Gourmet quality – it helps retain the natural juices and flavors of your food.
- No overcooking – it increases moisture and seals in flavor.
- One-touch display – the sensor touch provides easy control.
- Large capacity – it makes the perfect kitchen item for joint families.
- Value for money
- Incredible flavor
- Included vacuum bags and pumps
- Rapid circulation
- Easy digital display
- Pro-quality circulation
- The LED display flashes might turn on and off
- It makes a bit of a noise
How to Choose the Best Sous Vide Cooker? (Buyers Guide)
What to Look for Before Buying a Sous Vide Cooker?
1. Different Types of Sous Vide Cookers
There are generally two types of sous vide cookers.
Sous Vide Water Oven: A water oven is a self-contained unit – the size of an oven (microwave) – furnished with heating elements that regulate the convection currents.
Immersion Circulators: An immersion circulator, on the other hand, is a small/sleek device that clips to the side of the vessel or container you are using for cooking sous vide.
The immersion regulator should fit almost all sizes of pots or containers. Moreover, it should come in handy so that it fits in your kitchen drawers as well.
Speed here refers to how fast the cooker can heat the water. When you are considering purchasing one, make sure you check the speed. Joule or Anova immersion regulators are extremely fast – they can heat 4 quarters of water to 130°F in like 6-7 minutes.
Accuracy is an extremely important factor to consider before purchasing a Sous Vide cooker. Accuracy refers to the temperature control of the sous vide device. Make sure it provides an accurate temperature. To get an understanding of the device’s accuracy – set the temperature to 149° and track it for a few hours. Most cookers fluctuate on an average of 1-2 degrees from the target temperature.
5. Temperature Stability
Considering the temperature stability is necessary. Sous Vide cookers operate at low temperatures to preserve moisture, flavor, and color. But if in case of the temperature increases, make sure you opt for the one that doesn’t break down under heat stress.
6. Water Capacity
This, however, is fixed with the water baths. 10 Litres is enough for domestic use. Make sure the immersion regulator is flexible with the size of the container. Besides, it should have a water resistance feature as well. So that in case the device gets wet, it doesn’t lose its accuracy.
7. Temperature Range
Although they come with different temperature ranges, these immersion regulators will cover all that you need for domestic purposes. Since most of the cooking is done in 135°F – 180°F, make sure the cooker can achieve up to 200°F.
8. Built-in Timer
Devices with built-in timers are programmed to turn on and off (automatically) to suit your needs. The built-in timer function can enable automatic cleaning and descaling as well – providing greater flexibility. Besides, the device can switch off on itself when not being used – to save electricity. Therefore, make sure your Sous Vide cooker comes with a built-in timer as that will make your job easy.
9. Noise Level
Make sure you check the noise level before purchasing your Sous Vide cooker. Sometimes, the beeping alerts are too much to handle. Also, checking for the noises might give you a proper understanding of the device. Say if the cooker makes a gurgling noise – it’s because the water level is low. And so if you know why exactly the noise is being caused, you can prevent it yourself.
10. Ease of Use
The Sous Vide cookers make your work easy-peasy. Make sure you opt for the ones with a convenient user interface and an imperative design. It should have easy temperature adjustments and no complications when it comes to managing the buttons and all. Also, look for the display and see if the units are visible and easy to understand or not.
11. Safety Features
Sous Vide cookers are absolutely safe for domestic use. But consider the safety measures – such as low water level warning, power outage warnings, auto shut off feature, etc. beforehand.
These cookers make a gurgling noise when the water level is running low, and so you can take care of it.
Power outage warnings are significant too. You need to switch the device off when there’s low electricity or a power failure in your area. This can decrease the longevity of the device – even cause a permanent breakdown.
However, all of this won’t happen if your device has that one key feature – Auto shut off. Many devices come with a built-in auto shut-off feature. And so, if there’s a low water level or power outage warning – the device will shut off instantly.
Also, opt for the ones that are chemically tested. Although sous vide cookers are made with high-quality plastics, some plastics might release undesirable chemicals into the food.
Prices can vary. You can choose any one of the above-listed sous vide cookers – as they are all budget-friendly. Don’t settle for something way too expensive as the cheaper ones provide the same quality and facility.
Smart Features (like apps, WiFi, and voice control): Bluetooth/WiFi and other tech-savvy features are essential in the modern-day world. Choose the Sous Vide cooker with the most promising features that fits your budget too. The best quality sous vide cookers ranges from $95 to $400.
How a Sous Vide Machine Works?
Sous Vide machines are very easy to operate. They work “under vacuum” or “under pressure.” Here’s a step-by-step guide on how it works:
- Seal the food items in a temperature-safe plastic bag or glass jar. Push out as much air as you can. However, there’s no need for a vacuum sealer.
- Fill water in a container or vessel. Prepare a water bath.
- Add the food items to the water bath and let it cook.
- And that’s it! The food is cooked extremely gently, with less oil, and it turns out just perfect.
Benefits of Using a Sous Vide Cooker
Cooking at low temperatures using a Sous Vide Immersion Regulator provides a wide array of benefits:
- It helps maintain the aroma of water-soluble substances.
- It preserves the nutrients of the food in a better way because of its vacuum bag.
- It enhances the flavor and retains the color of the food.
- No change in the performance after a dish is cooked every time. Results turn out perfect!
- Researchers have also proved that sous vide provides the highest retention of vitamins compared to steaming and boiling.
What things do I need to cook sous vide?
To cook Sous Vide at home, here’s what you will need:
- Your favorite Sous Vide cooker
- Temperature-safe Ziplock or plastic bags
- A large container for the water bath
- A Cambro container (if you are cooking for a large number of people)
- A vacuum sealer (optional)
- Bag clips – to keep the food submerged in the bath
- Pot lid organizer – for more than one bag
- Ping pong balls – to provide insulation
Sous Vide FAQs
- 1. Can you use Ziploc or vacuum-sealed bags for sous vide?
- Yes, you can use a Ziploc or any sealable bag for cooking Sous Vide. Just make sure the plastic is temperature-safe.
- 2. What foods can I sous Vide?
- You can cook everything from meat, fish, eggs, poultry, pork, beef, seafood, chocolate, pasta, cookies, salad, dessert, breakfast, cocktails, to veggies.
- 3. What should you not sous vide?
- Vegetables, eggs, and filet mignons would be the worst option to sous vide. If you know how to cook vegetables, you might understand it’s quite difficult to maintain 183°F water temperature.
- 4. Can you sous vide meat for too long?
- It totally relies on how thick the meat is. Half-inch thick meat almost requires 30 mins to an hour to get cooked properly, whereas 2 inches of thick meat would take up to two and a half to three hours.
- 5. Can you sous vide more than one bag at a time?
- Yes, why not. It completely depends on how big the container’s size is. If more bags fit in, you may use them all at once.
- 6. Can you sous vide frozen meat?
- Absolutely, yes. You can directly get the meat out of the freezer, mix the spices well on its surface, and vacuum seal it. Keep it in the sous vide. You just have to add to your cook time to get out of the frozen state. Some extra time would be required.
- 7. Are vacuum sealers necessary for sous vide?
- No, they are not exactly necessary. But if you use vacuum sealers, you would observe a better experience. Once you start using it, you are not going back.
So, what do you need to choose? How do you conclude which is the best Sous Vide Immersion Regulator for you? Well, that’s exactly why we’ve put together a list of the best Sous Vide Cookers with all the added benefits, and we’ve broken them down into some key points.
For home cooks, the Anova Precision cooker is, hands down, the Best Buy. With key features, such as – precise temperature, low price, smaller size, and greater flexibility – it is the best bet (literally)! The Accu Slim Precision cooker is no doubt the Runner Up. Without causing a dent in your wallet, it offers all the essential features that you would otherwise require.
We hope you enjoyed this article, and we look forward to seeing your Sous Vide Cookers in the comments.