Silicone baking mats make your baking process exceptionally easy and fun. They come in all shapes and sizes (fitting different sizes of baking pans) and are mostly used to cover cookie sheets. Well, come along, let’s cherish its benefits and prepare a wide array of mouth-watering baked goods with silicone mats!
We recommend to read our Comprehensive Buyers Guide Section to know an in-depth detail on how to choose the best silicone baking mat for your needs.
Our Top Picks for the Best Silicone Baking Mats
|Preview||Best Silicone Baking Mats||Weight||Dimensions|
|Kitzini Baking Mat|
|9.6 Ounces||13.9 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Silpat Non-stick Baking Mat|
|2.4 Ounces||14 x 10 x 0.2 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Amazon Basics Silicone Baking Mat|
|8.6 Ounces||16.5 x 11.63 x 0.03 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Oxo Good Grips Silicone Mat|
|5.7 Ounces||1.9 x 3.7 x 14.2 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Gridmann Baking Mat|
|4.5 Ounces||11.9 x 1.73 x 1.65 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Velesco Silicone Baking Mat|
|1.5 Ounces||10.8 x 7.8 x 0.1 inches||Buy on Amazon|
|Fitibest Macaron Silicone Baking Mat|
|1.19 Ounces||14.72 x 2.68 x 2.32 inches||Buy on Amazon|
Best Silicone Baking Mats- Reviews
1. Kitzini Professional Grade Liner Sheets (Best Overall)
Kitzini Professional Grade Liner Sheet is a non-stick baking mat – designed to provide effective heat distribution (all your goods will be cooked properly). This baking mat can stand temperatures from 230/450 degrees F to -40 degrees F. This is perfect for making crispy roasted macaroni and marvelous cookies that slide off the mat easily. Your results will turn out to be just perfect!
Let’s get you through some of the key features of the Kitzini Professional Grade Liner Sheet:-
- It is made up of professional quality silicone (with silicone-coated edges) to protect the core and extend the shelf-life. The baking mat is 0.75mm thick.
- It has a fiberglass core and is designed to fit quarter sheets (11.5″ x 8.5″) and all standard half sheets (16.5″ x 11 5/8″).
- With this baking mat, you can cook low-fat meals (Thanks to the non-stick surface) – there is no need for oils, fats, butter, or sprays.
- It is incredibly easy to clean – simply soak it in warm soapy water. And clean it up with your hands.
- Easy to use
- High heat resistance
- High versatility and durability
- Easy to remove
- Effortlessly easy to clean
- High elasticity
- Soft, glossy texture
- It might get a little greasy, if not cleaned properly
2. Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat (Runner Up)
This Baking Mat is a must-have for all bakers! Made of premium quality silicone & fiberglass, it eliminates the need for wax paper or aluminum foil. Silpat baking mats do not need greasing as well. They are the authentic non-sticking pan and have stood the test of time (used and cherished by chefs of all time). They work just fine with sticky materials such as caramel, doughs, gooey batter; you name it. Nothing sticks to this baking mat!
Let’s talk about some of the key features of the Silpat Premium Non-stick Silicone Baking Mat:-
- It replaces the need for parchment paper and needs no greasing.
- It provides continuous heat distribution (being made from the highest quality food-grade silicone).
- This mat is designed to fit all baking pans; it measures 9-7/16″ x 14-3/8″; it weighs approx 2.4 ounces
- Promotes both baking and browning of goods.
- They are made from a distinct silicone wrap and a textile fiberglass core. Thus they deliver effective results.
- Cleanups are extremely easy with this baking mat. Just soak it in soapy hot water after use and clean it up with your hands.
- The oven/microwave/freezer-safe temperature for this baking mat is (-40° F to 500° F).
- You can lay the mat flat or roll to store – both work decently.
- It reduces waste from our environment and helps save time and money.
- Easy to use and clean
- Oven and freezer safe
- Highly versatile and durable
- Effective heat distribution
- Promotes baking and browning
- Available in multiple color options
- These baking mats might lose their durability if not stored properly
3. AmazonBasics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat (Best Bang for the Bucks)
Made from durable, flexible silicone – that could be reused again and again, Amazonbasics silicone is the best and the safest non-stick baking mat. You can use this baking mat for any recipe (sweet or savor). They too need no greasing and replace the need of using parchment paper.
Here are some of the key features of AmazonBasics silicone, non-stick, food safe baking mat:-
- Made from premium Food Grade Silicone, these mats have a non-stick surface and thus provide less messy and easy food removal. You can place these mats on the countertops or a sheet pan.
- These baking mats are Oven-Safe. You can roast or bake directly on these mats; place them under pies or casseroles or even chill treats by placing them in the freezer.
- Cleanup using this baking mat will be a breeze! Simply wash the baking mat with some soap and water. Place it in the dishwasher (top rack) or let it air dry. Make sure you do the cleaning with your hands alone.
- The item size is 16.5 x 11.63 x 0.03 inches; it weighs approx 8.6 ounces.
- High versatility and durability
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Amazing heat resistant property
- Effective heat distribution
- Available in multi-color options – orange, red, and standard
- You can’t use an air fryer while using this baking mat
- The baking mat might get a little sticky after washing
- It might give a chemical taste to the food, if not washed (and stored) properly
4. OXO Good Grips Silicone Baking Mat (Best Quality & Design)
OXO Good Grips Silicone Baking Mat is made from food-safe silicone with the best quality and design. Cookie cutters (plastic or metal) can be used on this baking mat. The interior is made from fiberglass that provides structure to it. This OXO mat has great gripping abilities and is quite large. It is thin and adheres nicely to the countertop. You can use this baking mat for any recipe.
Here are some of the significant features of the OXO Good Grips Silicone Baking Mat:-
- These are highly versatile baking mats. You can use these while dealing with extremely sticky stuff, such as gooey dough, caramels, baked fish, etc. They help prevent messes and spill-overs from bubbling pies or casseroles.
- Unlike other pans and baking sheets that are prone to wear and tear, these mats are extremely resilient and can handle metal utensils and spatulas (without causing any damage).
- It has a reusable, non-stick baking surface – that helps prevent greasing and stains.
- The fiberglass and silicone construction provides structure to the baking mat. For e.g., it stays in place even after rolling out pie crusts.
- 11.5-inch x 16.5-inch dimensions make it suitable for half-sheet pans. You can even cut it according to the size of your pan.
- These baking mats are reusable and can be easily repaired (if damaged).
- It weighs out to be 5.7 ounces.
- They make baking and cleanup a breeze
- Good grips (stays in place while baking)
- Dishwasher safe
- Pretty easy to use
- Decent durability and versatility
- Suitable for gifts
- It does not affect the taste of food
- You can cut it according to your pan size
- You might need parchment paper as the juices might run to the back of the mats and create a mess
- Not that effective for rolling out pastries (even chilled pastries) as they might get stuck on the mat
5. GRIDMANN Pro Silicone Baking Mat (Most Versatile)
GRIDMANN Pro Silicone Baking Mat is the only item missing from completing your dream kitchen. They transform everyday baking into a convenient, healthy, and budget-friendly experience. These best silicone baking mats come with food-safe tray pan liners and are the most versatile (amongst all). With the premium quality design, these mats are designed to be oven-safe up to 480 degrees F. They take your baking game to whole new levels.
Let’s get you through some of the important features of the GRIDMANN Pro Silicone Baking Mat:-
- The non-stick surface of this baking mat helps eliminate greases, sprays, fattening oils, and parchment paper for clean and easy food removal.
- They can be used with pans or sheets in all kinds of ovens (except for direct-fire ones). This helps improve air circulation and heat distribution and prevents undercooked or burned spots. Therefore, you come up with better-baked goods!
- They are effortlessly easy to clean. Don’t worry about scrubbing the baking mat; they clean easily with soap and water. Do remember, once you have cleaned them, let them air dry or place them in the dishwasher (top rack only).
- These baking mats are extremely durable and highly versatile. Plus, they are BPA-free. They measure 16-1/2 by 11-5/8 inches each. They are oven-safe and can resist temperature up to 480 degrees F.
- They provide improved air circulation and consistent heat distribution. Using this baking mat, you can come up with amazing golden-brown breadcrumbs, crisp-tender veggies, fluffy pies, juicy roasts, and whatnot!
- These are extremely handy and reusable mats. Being non-stick, they eliminate the need for greasy oils, butter, parchment paper, etc. Thus, you produce less waste and gain lesser calories.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- High durability
- Effective heat distribution
- Low heat resistance capacity
6. Velesco Silicone Baking Mat (Best for Toaster Oven)
Velesco Silicone Baking Mat Toaster Oven is a thick, large, and multipurpose baking mat. It fits any oven baking sheet. This baking mat is perfect for small pizza making, pastry, candy, bread, dumplings, bun, veggies, fruits, and so on. The silicone and fiberglass hybrid helps distribute heat evenly and provides consistent results. When you use this baking mat, you are free from any burned or undercooked spots!
Here are some of the features of the Velesco Silicone Baking Mat:-
- These mats are non-toxic and healthy as they are made from the highest quality of non-toxic materials – which has passed strict food safety tests.
- Being non-stick, they do not need oil or greasing. Hence, they reduce the intake of calories and carcinogenic substances produced by fattening oils, thereby reducing cholesterol and other bodily ailments.
- These baking mats are oven/microwave/dishwasher/freezer safe. They are flexible and tear-resistant. They are designed to tolerate extreme weather conditions from intense heat to bitter cold (480 degrees F to -40 degrees F).
- They are extremely easy to clean. Rinse the mat with warm soapy water, and you are good to go! Even multiple uses and repeated washing do not affect its non-stick properties.
- These mats are reusable and economical. They help save on your money that you would otherwise spend on oils, butter, or expensive parchment papers, aluminum foils, or other sheet materials.
- You can use your favorite baking tools, metal spoons, or spatula with these baking mats. However, keep in mind that these should not be used in direct-fire ovens.
- The size of this baking mat is 7 7/8″ x 10 13/16″. Its thickness is 0.75 mm (approx. 1/32″).
- Reusable and economical
- Easy to use
- Easy cleanup
- Do not affect the taste of the food
- Microwave/freezer/dishwasher safe
- Can’t resist high temperatures
7. Fitibest Silicone Macaron Baking Mat (Best for Macaron)
Silicone Macaron Baking Mat is a multipurpose mat (with good thickness). It is a safer and environmentally friendlier option. They work best for making cookies, macarons, cakes, bread, pizzas, dumplings, etc. These are great for DIY lovers – You can use these silicone baking mats to make tasty food with your family or friends for a convenient way at home.
- These mats are made with reinforced fiberglass and food-safe silicone. Therefore, they do not produce any foul smell or pollute your food. They are durable and an extremely healthy option to opt for.
- These mats can resist high temperatures efficiently. They are oven-safe up to 480 degrees F. These mats can withstand up to 4000 uses under extreme conditions.
- They have high durability and are effortlessly easy to clean. Just use the conventional baking mat cleaning method that we have mentioned above – use some soap and warm water and let it air dry.
- Again they are a healthier meal option to opt for. They eliminate the need for butter, cooking sprays, grease, oils. Thus, reducing the number of calories.
- These mats are environment-friendly as they generate less waste as compared to other baking sheets.
- It comes with a lot of baking accessories including silicone baking cups, piping tip, reusasbale pipng bags, cookie cutter, thus making it a worth purchase if you are fond of baking.
- 100 percent non-stick and easy to clean
- Multipurpose – rolling, baking, kneading, freezing, etc.
- Durable and long-lasting with thousands of uses
- Perfect, consistent results
- Oven, dishwasher, microwave, freezer safe
- Non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and healthy
- Eco-friendly and fully recyclable
- Acquires very little space
- Works best for Macarons only
How to Choose the Best Silicone Baking Mats? (Buyers Guide)
A lot of factors you need to consider to decide on how to choose the best silicone baking mat for all your baking needs. Well, we have detailed every single point that will surely help you out. So, let’s start.
What to Look For Before Buying a Best Silicone Baking Mat?
Here’s what you should look for before purchasing a silicone baking mat:
Silicone baking mats come in different sizes. What’s amazing about these is – they are DIY friendly, i.e., you can cut it according to the shape of your pan/sheet. You need to be smart while purchasing these mats because then there’s no going. Buy them depending upon the size of your baking pan. Ensure the perfect size of the mat – it should be the same size as the pan to prevent curling and to keep your cookies from undercooking or burning.
2. Design And Construction
Usually, baking mats are made up of aluminum, steel, and many other metals. They provide a better baking/roasting surface and are good conductors of heat and electricity. Silicone mats are constructed in such a way that they cannot get rusted. They provide better durability than other baking mats. Metals like aluminum prevent proper browning, but silicone mats assist in efficient baking and browning.
3. Heat Resistance Feature
Baking mats come with different heat resistance capabilities. They are designed in such a way that they can fit in both higher and lower degrees of heat. You should always opt for the ones with high heat-resisting features. It keeps your cookies safe. Even if you forget to turn off the appliances and the temperature is increased, don’t worry – it will not cause any harm to the baking mat whatsoever.
4. Life And Durability
Silicone baking mats provide higher durability and longer life than normal parchment paper or other material sheets. They are reusable. These mats can last up to 2 years and even more if used correctly.
5. Storing Of Silicone Baking Mats
Silicone baking mats are an easy-peasy job to store. Just roll up the silicone baking mat, stash it inside an empty paper towel tube so that it sits in the middle. You can even cut a 4-5 inch segment off the tube (it need not be perfect) and place the mat inside of it. Toilet paper rolls work just fine as well.
Silicone baking mats are effortlessly easy to maintain. First off, they are dishwasher safe, and secondly, they do not need greasing as they are completely non-stick. Therefore, you are free from oil stains and cooked residues. We have talked about a step-by-step guide to clean your baking mats down below.
7. Other Essential Features
Baking mats are similar to each other physically in shape, size, and structure. But they still differ in many proportions. Certain features can make your silicone mats way better than other mats. Here, we’ve rounded up a list of some of the essential features of silicone baking mats:
- Non-stick: The baking mats should be non-stick. It requires no additional greasing and prevents the use of butter, fattening oils, thereby reducing the number of calories intake. Besides, non-stick mats are helpful as they prevent the cookies from getting stuck on the mat. It helps ease your work.
- Dishwasher safe and Lid-included: Silicone baking mats are dishwasher friendly. It maintains its reusability. As a matter of fact, if it’s reusable, you don’t need to go searching for baking sheets now and then. Hence, they are a budget-friendly option to opt for. Also, Silicone mats come with a lid cover – this helps keep the dust and debris away.
- PFOA and PTFE Free: PFOA stands for Perfluorooctanoic acid, whereas PTFE stands for polytetrafluoroethylene. These are chemicals used by companies to make the baking mat non-sticky. However, this type of coating is not good for your health. Silicone Mats are assured to be PFOA and PTFE-free!
Benefits of Using Silicone Baking Mats
Here are some of the benefits of using silicone baking mats:
- Baking mats can be reused: You can use silicone mats approximately two thousand times in your oven. Worry less about cleaning them – they can be easily washed. Normal parchment paper at its best can only be used around 5 times. However, these silicone baking mats can be used again and again as they do not get greasy, stained, and crumbled easily.
- Baking mats enhance your cookies: A silicone baking mat provides an excellent baking surface as compared to normal baking mats. This helps the cookies to get a proper browned bottom, all the while preventing the cookies from getting burned. Silicone baking mats are designed to provide effective heat distribution, improving the quality of your baked goods.
- Baking mats keep your workstation clean: One of the major advantages of using silicone mats is that it keeps your workstation clean. Aforesaid, it provides you with a non-stick surface, which prevents the cookies or candies from breaking. Thus, baking mats allow cookies to be removed easily (without an additional effort). Plus, they are non-stick (and require no greasing).
- Baking mats can do nearly anything parchment can: Baking mats can even be used as parchment paper – not on meat but in the oven for making cookies or cake. They can be used in the freezer as well.
How to Use Silicone Baking Mats?
Here’s the step by step guide to using the Silicone Baking Mat
- Before using the silicone baking mat, make sure it is clean. If not, consider cleaning it first.
- Now, place the baking mat on your cooking tray. Then place the candies, cookies, doughs, etc., on it. Bake!
- Once the baking is over, remove the mat from the oven. Let it cool down.
- Remove the food from the mat and serve it.
- Wipe your silicone baking mat and let it dry for further use. If it has been used twice or thrice, soak it in the dishwasher for some time.
How to clean the Silicone Baking Mats?
Here’s a step by step guide to clean your silicone baking mats effectively:
- Soak it: Once your baking mat is too oily, soak it in hot water; add some dish detergent and leave it for 10-15 mins. Then wash it with a washing sponge. Don’t forget to wear gloves – it might be hot.
- Place it in the dishwasher: Simply soak the baking mat in the dishwasher for a good 10-15 mins. Wash it with your hands. Once done, let it air dry.
Silicone Baking Mat vs. Parchment Paper (Are Silicone Baking Mats Better Than Parchment?)
While parchment papers are made from only a thin coating of silicone, silicone mats are made of thin and flexible sheets of food-grade silicone with a coating of fiberglass or nylon. This helps heat to conduct easily throughout the surface. Besides, parchment paper can be treated only up to 450 degrees F, whereas silicone baking mats can be treated up to 480 degrees F. They are oven-safe and can be used in the freezer as well. Plus, parchment papers are really expensive as compared to silicone baking mats (which is a one-time expense).
Parchment papers are not reusable. You can use it a maximum of 3-4 times, whereas silicone baking mats can be used over 2000 times. Thus, they generate less waste and are better for the environment. Besides, baking mats are excellent for flat surfaces, whereas parchment papers can mould to fit in deeper pans. Moreover, silicone baking mats are non-stick. Hence, they do not need greasing, and you are free from oil stains and residues (and gaining extra calories), which is not the case with parchment paper.
So, who’s the winner? Judge yourself now.
How Safe Is Silicone for Baking?
Silicone is the most common metalloid which contains bonded silicon and oxygen. It is completely safe for baking purposes. Silicon is an inert material – neither does it react with food nor leach hazardous chemicals or toxic gases into it.
The test for the best quality silicone – is done on medical-grade silicone without a filter at room temperature. The study shows that silicone can easily handle both high and low (below freezing point) temperatures.
Silicone is freezer safe, oven safe, and has high heat resistant properties. It can deal up to 428 degrees F (or 220-degree Celsius). And not just that, because of its bonded composition, silicone is non-biodegradable and non-toxic.
As of now, no issues have been observed with using silicone for baking. However, one safety tip – use silicone products at recommended temperatures, not above 428 degrees Fahrenheit.
What about cutting them?
If you read the package carefully, it is always advised not to use knives or sharp objects to cut them. While some of them are DIY-friendly, most of the baking mats are not.
When you cut the mat, you tamper with the fiberglass construction, and thus you reduce its heat resisting capacity. It’s better just to discard the already-cut-mat, or else it might lead to burned or uncooked cookies/baked goods.
However, if you are using Silcone baking mats, you are free from all of this. Silicone mats come with a built-in mesh around. You just need to remove the mesh weave so that it fits the size of your pan or baking tray.
Silicone Baking Mats Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. Can you put silicone baking mats directly in the oven?
- Yes, you can. Silicone baking mats are made from high-quality material and are designed to withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees F.
- 2. How to fit the mat on your baking pan or sheet?
- Simply lay the baking mat flat on your baking pan or sheet. As it’s already non-stick, you do not need to spray the mat with non-stick sprays. Besides, they can be cut to fit any pan/sheet.
- 3. Can I roast vegetables on a silicone baking mat?
- No. Do not roast vegetables directly on a silicone baking mat – aluminum can leach into the food from the tray. However, you can use a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- 4. Do silicone baking mats need to be greased?
- No. Silicone baking mats do not need to be greased – as they are non-stick and hence require no prep before use.
- 5. Can you cook bacon on a silicone baking mat?
- Yes, you can. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a Silicone baking mat or butter/wax paper. Lay flat the bacon strips on the baking mat. Make sure you don’t overlap them.
Are silicone baking mats really worth it? Well, I don’t see why not. With premium quality material and amazing benefits, silicone baking mats are a damsel in distress for you! You save on your money and time as they are less expensive than parchment papers or other cooking sheets and are super easy to clean up. Not only you could cut these mats to fit any pan, but you can make the most delicate and the crispiest cookies around. Both ways a win-win! So, what’s the wait for? Get your hands on these non-stick champions and experience their rich heritage right away!