Pretty much affordable, portable, and compact over a stand mixer, the hand mixers are the ideal buy for your smart kitchen if you are fond of baking. This small appliance can do all the baking preparations like mixing, whipping, whisking, and kneading, to turn out a perfect baked recipe. However, it requires a little bit of elbow grease, though makes the baking a lot more easier than doing it entirely by hands. So, if you love baking and can’t afford a stand mixer, the best alternative is to invest in a hand mixer.
The hand mixer for baking is not only easy to manage but also comes with great functionality to handle your baking preparations with ease. And this blog is dedicated to all the baking passionate where they can pick their preferred choice of hand mixer for baking with our complete review of the latest and best models.
What is a Hand Mixer?
A hand mixer is an amazing kitchen tool that turns out the included attachments like a beater, whisk, and dough hooks using an electric motor. Plus, variable speed settings are also there to use the desired one depending upon the type of recipe you are going to prepare. And thus it can do a variety of tasks like beating the airy cake batters, whipping creams, whisking eggs, and creaming sugar and butter, etc.
Without putting much strain on your arms, it offers the perfect consistency that is really impossible to achieve using your hands for preparing the perfect baked goodies. Some of the smart models also come with the storage case so that you can store all the accessories in one place without any mess. So, if you are an occasional baker or starter, this simple machine is for you. However, for bigger baking projects, you must have to invest in a stand mixer.
Our Best Picks of Hand Mixer for Baking
|Brand & Model||Power||Speed|
|Breville BHM800SIL||240 W||9||Buy on Amazon|
|Hamilton Beach 62682RZ||250 W||6||Buy on Amazon|
|Cuisinart HM-90BCS||220 W||9||Buy on Amazon|
|Black Decker MX3200B||250 W||6||Buy on Amazon|
|Hamilton Beach 040094626212 62621||290 W||6||Buy on Amazon|
|Oster FPSTHMSNC-WS||270 W||7||Buy on Amazon|
|KitchenAid KHM7210OB||150 W||7||Buy on Amazon|
Check for the full review of these models in our Full Review Section.
Review of related items
Hand Mixer for Baking Buying Guide
Why Choose a Hand Mixer Over a Stand Mixer?
Before deciding up which one is best, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, one thing I make you clear, that both these appliances come with their own benefits and drawbacks. Have a look at the following points to determine why to choose a hand mixer for baking.
- If you bake occasionally, then it is not wiser to go for a stand mixer with such a pricey investment. Hand mixers are less expensive than stand mixers that can tackle your daily lighter baking projects easily.
- Hand mixers are compact over the stand mixers that means they are more easy to use and convenient to store. Plus, they are also portable because of their light-weight and compact size. On the other hand, Stand mixers are bulky appliances and take much space for storage.
- It is better to mix the small quantity of ingredients with the hand mixer that is not possible in a stand mixer as they come with the large-sized bowl. So, the stand mixers are ideal for mixing ingredients in bulk.
Check for the more benefits and disadvantages of the hand mixers in the below section.
Pros & Cons of Hand Mixer for Baking
- Hand mixers are ideal for light baking tasks
- These are compact handheld machines that you can store easily
- These are easily portable
- Hand mixers come with the comfortable grips to avoid strain on your arms and wrists
- These are best for whipping up smaller batches of creams, sauces, or fillings too
- It comes in a reasonable price range that anyone can afford easily
- Hand mixers are very ideal to perform well the quick mixing jobs like whipping cream, mixing cake batters, and egg whites, etc.
- Hand mixers are compatible with any type of mixing bowl
- The attachments of hand mixers are easy to clean
- The hand mixers are not much powerful than the stand mixers, as you have to move the mixer around the bowl to mix ingredients manually
- Like the stand mixers, it doesn’t come with the bowl fixed with it, so possibilities of splashes are greater
Features to Consider Before Buying a Hand Mixer for Baking
The design comes first in our mind before we choose any of the products. The same goes for a hand mixer for baking. Most of them are constructed with the plastic outer body and fitted with some metal elements or inserts. With different shapes and sizes available, you can pick the one that best fits your preference. Although, these do not require much space, so storing them is pretty easy as they get easily fits anywhere at your kitchen counter or under the cabinets. Some models also come with the storage case, so you can conveniently store all the attachments as well as swivel cord in one place.
The power of any electrical appliance describes its performance. And the same holds for a hand mixer. The higher the power, the better is its performance and can quickly mix, blend, whip, and whisk the ingredients up to the perfect consistency. However the hand mixer for baking with the powerful motor is higher in price, you can decide upon for the one based on how frequently do you bake and in how much quantity.
A range of speeds in a hand mixer for baking can tackle a wide variety of mixing tasks. For the better mixing, it is always recommended to start from the slow speed and then gradually increasing the speed to get the better consistency of the ingredients. Starting from the slow speed also avoid splashing of the ingredients. And the slow-start feature proves to be beneficial in mixing the liquids.
Most of the hand mixer for baking comes with three to five-speed settings, and some advanced models also have seven to twelve-speed settings. So choose the one depending upon your needs and preferences.
Go for the one that is included with essential attachments like a beater, dough hooks, and whisk for various types of mixing including folding, whipping, beating, combining, creaming, and kneading the dough, etc. These attachments are made up of stainless steel and are durable and heavy-duty.
Using a hand mixer is pretty much tiring job as you have to use the machine by holding it in your hands. So go for the one that is not too bulky and comfortable to hold. The hand mixers come with the easy-grip option to hold the appliance easily so you can perform the mixing job easily.
All the hand mixers are quite easy to clean. But some come with a better quick-release mechanism to release the attachments more easily. The attachments are dishwasher safe and thus provide easy cleaning. Also, you can easily wipe down the mixer body with a damp cloth to clean it.
Best Hand Mixer for Baking Reviews
Check for the detailed review of each of the models of hand mixer for baking we have mentioned in the blog. It will surely help you to find out the right one for all your baking needs in the kitchen.
1. Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer
With the Breville BHM800SIL, you get an exclusive and quality appliance with the outstanding features and superb performance. The term Handy in its name is a perfect suffix to it, as it is really a handy appliance for all mixing and beating needs.
This hand mixer for baking has a stainless steel construction for longevity. And the silver matte finish adds a stylish and contemporary look to your kitchen interiors. The comfortable ergonomic handle lets you hold the mixer in a natural hand position, and thus avoid strain on your wrists and arms.
The hand mixer is featured with Beater IQ technology that recognizes the attachments inserted to it. And then it adjusts the speed automatically up to the desired range depending upon whatever you are mixing. And thus, offering you the perfect consistency every time.
It comes with three attachments including two standard beaters, two whisk beaters, and two dough hooks. The standard beaters come with the rubber scraper at the bottom of the beaters that mix the batters very well. Also, the rubber scrapers avoid the scratches to the bowl and sound while beating. With the whisk beaters, the appliance can easily whip creams and scrambled eggs. And with the dough hooks, it can easily knead the dough for making pizza and bread.
Featuring nine-speed control options, you can start from the slow stir up to high whipping. And thus it ensures precise speed for your mixing loads. At the top of the handle, there comes the control panel with On/Off button, pause button and a speed wheel. You just need to rotate the wheel to adjust the speed. And to give a speed boost, you just need to push the speed wheel. The display shows the time on the right and speed on the left, so you have full control over the recipes that require precise mixing time.
What I especially love about this hand mixer is that it comes with a canister to hold all the attachments together. All the attachments can easily get fitted in the case along with the cord, so looks very organized and clean.
- Stainless steel construction
- Beater IQ technology
- Built-in timer
- 250 W Power
- 9-speed controls
- Quick-release trigger for releasing the attachments
- Balanced ergonomic handle
- Swivel cord
- Detachable storage compartment
- Includes: 2 quiet scraper beaters, 2 balloon whisks, and 2 dough hooks
- Great in both design and features
- Solid and sturdy built
- The controls are intuitive and easy to use
- Count up timer and pause feature is very nice
- The LED light is too good
- Nine-speed settings offer you the full control over mixing at the desired speed level
- It has plenty of torque for more difficult batches
- Compact and light in weight
- Storage case to store all the attachments and swivel cord is too good
- Complaints of rubber beaters coming off while mixing
- Comes with only one year warranty
2. Hamilton Beach 62682RZ Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
This high-performance hand mixer from Hamilton Beach is another good choice for all kind of baking mixtures preparations. Whether it is aeration, beating, whipping, whisking, and kneading, it can do everything perfectly. This hand mixer is absolutely a great buy for the beginners as well as for the professional bakers. It is neatly designed and available in an elegant white color that is a perfect addition to your kitchen decor.
Featuring 250 Watts of peak power the appliance can handle all type of mixing jobs very efficiently from blending cookie dough to produce silky and smooth cake batter and to make great textured whipping cream and so on.
The appliance comes with six-speed settings along with the Quick Burst button that pushes the power to its maximum for handling the toughest tasks. Also, it has a slow-speed feature letting you mix the dry ingredients without splattering them on your kitchen countertop.
This hand mixer also comes with a handy Bowl Rest feature so you can rest it on the edge of your mixing bowl when you are taking a pause while mixing and read the recipe. And thus it avoids the messy drips of mixtures from whisks or beaters.
Talking about the attachments, it comes with two traditional style beaters and a balloon whisk. Plus, with a snap-on case, you can store all the attachments together with the cord. So looks no more messy at all and no chances of missing.
- 250 W Peak Power
- 6 speed with Quick Burst button
- Bowl rest feature
- Beater ejection button
- Power Boost
- Pulse feature
- Snap-on storage case
- Includes: 2 traditional beaters and whisk
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Easy to handle
- Powerful enough to handle the toughest tasks
- The snap-on case is particularly helpful for keeping the correct set of beaters with its mixer
- Bowl rest feature is a good option
- It doesn’t come with the dough hooks
3. Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer
Cuisinart comes with this powerful hand mixer that will help you in making the perfect cookies, bread, cakes, pastries, pizzas, and much more with ease. It comes with all the fantastic features integrated into a single appliance that makes it a great buy to handle your daily baking needs.
What makes it more worth for the price is its power and durability. The appliance works better and faster and also lasts for years. With the power of 220 W, the appliance is capable enough to whip almost all types of frosting, cream, and fluids for baking.
The Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus hand mixer is featured with the automatic feedback that spares you from the worry of starting and stopping the mixer when it is done. Also, it has a SmoothStart feature along with three low mixing speeds that avoid the splattering of the ingredients while beating. And the very best is its nine-speed control range that lets you start from the slower whip to the higher mixing depending upon the recipe type.
For this hand mixer, you need a very minimal space for storage. Plus, the accessories included with it the beaters, whisks, dough hooks, and spatula can be conveniently stored in the storage case provided with it. However, it can’t compete with the highly functional stand mixers, but I completely assure you that for the medium and lighter baking tasks, the appliance will never let you down.
- Stylish design with compact storage case
- 220 W of power with automatic feedback
- One-step power switch with 9 speed LED display
- Smooth start feature with 3 low mixing speeds
- Simple On/Off button
- Includes: Beaters, chef’s whisk, dough hooks, spatula, and instruction/recipe book
- Superb quality with nice and stylish design
- Powerful motor to make dense batters, cookie dough, and frosting, etc
- Convenient storage option
- Light-weight for easy portability
- Ejecting the beaters is very simple with one press
- All the removable parts are dishwasher safe
- The machine is also easy to clean by wiping it with a damp cloth
- Noisy operation
- The storage case is slightly harder to attach to the mixer
4.Black Decker 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200B
Prepare your favorite baked goods easily and conveniently with this smart and powerful hand mixer from Black & Decker. Besides a clean, simple, and elegant design, the appliance comes with a high motor power to handle all type of beating, mixing, whisking, etc.
It comes with six variable speed ranges allowing you to control the power output and speed with extreme ease. And what I especially like is its start feature that makes the appliance to starts off twenty percent slower than its usual performance without splashing the ingredients. Also, it has a power boost function to acquire the toughest mixing tasks very efficiently. Plus a turbo button is also there to increase the speed of the mixer up to the maximum in just a single press of the button.
The another best feature of this hand mixer for baking is its quality accessories, including two beaters, two dough hooks, and one whisk. And these accessories provide you with the right consistency and texture you need for perfect baking. How lightweight the machine is, but it doesn’t mean that it lacks in performance. The lightweight of the machine lets you do the mixing task without straining your arms and wrists.
This hand mixer is also specialized with heel and bowl rest feature to rest the machine upright on the counter or sit on the edge of the bowl to avoid drips and drops. The appliance comes with a storage container that keeps the mixer and all the attachments in one place. So, you don’t need to worry about finding the right accessory for mixing when you need them. Plus it looks clean and mess-free too.
- 250 W motor
- 20% slower start to prevent messy splatter
- Power boost function
- Turbo button to increase the mixer speed at its maximum
- Heel and bowl rest
- Includes: Two professional-style wire beaters, one whisk, and two dough hooks
- Full-size storage case to keep all the accessories in one spot
- Nice design with a storage case to store all the attachments neatly
- All the accessories are dishwasher-safe and BPA free
- Easy start and stop options
- Powerful and durable
- Easy to set speeds
- Perfectly weighted to hold it more conveniently
- Too Loud
5. Hamilton Beach 040094626212 62621 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
Being stylish and affordable, this model of Hamilton Beach Hand mixer offers you great versatility to accomplish your baking tasks very well. The one I am describing is the elegant purple color, but with this hand mixer, you have the option to choose from three more colors, including blue, black, and green suiting your kitchen interiors.
Featuring six-speed control options as well as quick Burst button it helps you to achieve the best mixing and whipping results. The best part of this hand mixer is its pulse feature that starts the machine at the slowest speed for more added control and less mess.
The appliance comes with the peak power of 290 W that is powerful enough to do all type of mixing, beating, whipping, and kneading in a great way. And one of the best parts of this hand mixer is its accessories included with it. It comes with a total of six accessories including two twisted wire beaters, two dough hooks, a whisk, and a milkshake mixer. A convenient eject trigger is also there for removing the attachments from the mixer. And like all the above-mentioned hand mixers, it also has a snap-on case to tuck all the accessories neatly in one place.
You can easily handle the machine as it comes with a comfortable grip that lets you hold the machine for longer without any strain in your wrist and arm. Plus, the bowl rest feature of this hand mixer letting it to rest on the edge of the bowl while you are busy in adding other ingredients or any other tasks. And thus keeps your kitchen counter clean and tidy.
- Pulse function
- 290 W peak power
- Quick burst
- Pulse function
- 6-speed control options
- Includes 6 attachments: 2 twisted wire beaters, 2 dough hooks, 1 whisk, and 1 milkshake mixer
- Convenient eject trigger for attachments
- Snap-on case for easy storage of cord and attachments
- Stylish design with different color options
- Too light to hold the mixer comfortably
- Comes with a powerful motor
- Everything fits perfectly in the storage case
- Easy to manage and clean the parts
- User-friendly appliance
- Less Durability
6. Oster 270-Watt Hand Mixer with Storage Case
It is one of the stylish hand mixers packed with exclusive features and functionalities to cater your baking preparations effortlessly. It sleek and light-weight design lets you handle the appliance more comfortably.
This hand mixer comes with a special heat soft technology that allows you to bake whenever you want. To make it more clear, the appliance blows the warm air around the beaters to bring the cold ingredients like butter and milk, etc. to the room temperature during mixing. And thus, it offers the fluffier and smoother results.
It comes with a powerful 270 W motor that can handle even all types of mixing jobs. Talking about the speed part, this one comes with seven-speed control options along with the one-touch burst of power settings. And this quick burst is proving to be a handy feature for an extra power boost in just a simple touch of the button. Its comfortable soft-grip handle allows you to hold the machine in a convenient way while mixing off the ingredients.
When it comes to versatility, this hand mixer comes with the most useful accessories, including two beaters, two dough hooks, and a whisk. Once you are done with the mixing, you can easily remove the beaters from the hand mixer with one eject button for easy cleanup. Plus, the removable magnetic nozzle is dishwasher safe allowing easy and hassle-free cleaning. A storage case is also available with the hand mixer that snaps on to the unit to fit all the attachments along with the cord that gives it a clean and neat look.
- Innovative HeatSoft technology
- 270 W Powerful motor
- 7-speed settings for versatility
- Power Burst
- One-touch eject button to remove the attachments from the mixer
- Includes: 2 beaters, 2 dough hooks, and 1 whisk
- Storage case to keep all the attachments together
- Build quality is very nice
- Light in weight and easy to use
- Storage box is too good
- Easy to clean
- Very powerful to tackle all mixing, whipping, and kneading jobs
- A bit louder
- Accessories come with it are not dishwasher safe
7. KitchenAid KHM7210OB 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
The KitchenAid KHM7210OB is another highly versatile machine that can help you with any baking recipe you think of. Available in five different colors, including empire red, contour silver, coco silver, onyx black, and white, you can have the option to choose the one that perfectly matches your kitchen interiors.
Featuring seven speeds, the appliance can accommodate a variety of baking preparation needs. Plus there come the two stainless-steel Turbo Beater II accessories for easily mixing the heavy ingredients. It also comes with a pro whisk attachment to whip the egg whites to fluffy peaks or whip cream to top your favorite dessert.
This hand mixer is also featured with a soft-grip, non-slip handle and a non-tip heel rest so that you can handle the machine very easily and conveniently. The lockable swivel cord feature of this machine keeps the cord out of the way while in use for either a left or right-handed operator. Moreover, the Soft Start electronic control feature allows the machine to start from slow for minimizing the splatters.
- 7-speed control
- Soft start feature
- Soft grip handle
- Tight and impactful lock cord for easy operations
- Beater ejection button for removing the attachments
- Strong and well-built hand mixer
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Comfortable to hold with its easy soft-grip handle
- Variable speed options based on batter/dough concentration and density
- Locks for convenient beating
- Very quiet operation
- Beaters insert and eject easily
- Great performance
- Lacks storage case to store cord and other attachments
Well, you are now having a clear idea about the hand mixer and how important is it in your baking. Anyone who bakes occasionally and has less space can go with a hand mixer to tackle their small baking projects. We have covered all the necessary details that will surely help you in picking the best one out. But if you feel that we must have to add any other stuff related to this, or for any of your suggestion, share freely with us in the comment section below.