If cooking and baking is your passion, gathering smart appliances in your kitchen is obviously the thing you like most. Well, no one likes hassle and mess. And if you are one of those, adding a pro-style range in your kitchen is the best gift to yourself. It offers you the comfort of using a range top and the oven in a single appliance. But, among various variants of professional ranges, dual fuel ranges are the best options. It combines the gas range and electric oven in a single unit, so you can perform your culinary skills the way you want.
But how to choose the best dual fuel range for your needs? It’s a typical job, but this guide will help you in finding out the best-preferred choice.
The post highlights the top five Best Dual Fuel Ranges in the market with their full specifications and pros and cons, along with a detailed Buying Guide. So, let’s get started.
Top 5 Best Dual Fuel Ranges
|Preview||Best Dual Fuel Ranges||Size / Oven Capacity||Buying Link|
|Thor kitchen Freestanding Dual Fuel Range|
|48 inch / 6.7 cu. ft.||Buy on Amazon|
|Verona Prestige Series VPFSGE365DSS Dual Fuel Range|
|36 inch / 3.9 cu. ft.||Buy on Amazon|
|Cosmo COS-F965NF Dual Fuel Range |
|36 inch / 3.8 cu. ft.||Buy on Amazon|
|Cafe ADA Slide-In Front Control Dual-Fuel|
|30 inch / 7 cu. ft.||Buy on Amazon|
|Kucht KRD366F-S Professional Dual Fuel Range |
|36 inch / 5.2 cu. ft.||Buy on Amazon|
Best Dual Fuel Range Reviews
1. Thor kitchen 48″ Freestanding Professional Style Dual Fuel Range [Overall Best]
Grabbing the first position on our list of best dual fuel ranges, this model from Thor is absolutely the best bet with a lot of awesome features. The range is designed to be the most affordable piece of its size in the market. So, for the passionate cooks who love cooking more and more, this one is a great appliance.
Look wise, it is fabulous, and so for the performance and functioning too. The structure combines two side by side electric ovens of the capacities 4.2 cu.ft. and 2.5 cu.ft. respectively and a stylo range top. You will find six sealed burners of varying heat output, allowing you to perform a variety of cooking at different temperatures.
One great feature you will find here is that the top burner can run on both natural gas as well as liquified petroleum gas. The burners can work efficiently on automatic re-ignition, and with the stainless steel drip pan, cleaning the messy drips is super easy.
As for the oven, the baking and roasting always turn out perfect, thanks to its electric heating element and convection feature in the primary oven. Plus, cooking is very easy as you can easily adjust the racks in both the ovens.
For all these impressive features, this range comes at a very decent price tag. So, definitely go for it!
- A large range of 48 inch
- 6 high quality sealed burners accompanied with cast iron grates
- Dual oven side by side with the capacities 4.2 cu.ft. and 2.5 cu.ft. respectively
- Automatic re-ignition if the flames extinguish
- High-quality chrome knobs for easy operation
- Height-adjustable racks for the oven
- Black porcelain drip pan on the cooktop for easy collection of messy drips
- A liquid propane gas conversion kit and a high altitude conversion kit for both liquid propane and natural gas
- 2 Years Warranty on the product, including parts and labor
- Stylish appeal
- Works great for all type of cooking
- The dual oven offers enough space to cook more and more in one go
- Easy to use and control
- Easy cleaning and maintenance too
- It can run on Natural gas and LPG both
- No downsides noted yet
2. Verona Prestige Series VPFSGE365DSS 36 inch Dual Fuel Range [Runner Up]
Just a perfect piece for any professional chefs and serious cooking enthusiasts who are dedicated to serving the best dishes to their loved ones. This best dual fuel range from Verona is an excellent buy for any commercial kitchen as well as the home kitchen with enough burners and oven space to cook more and more. So, if you are the one who loves regular partying, you can have this, without any question.
Its overall stainless steel construction not only provides durability but also adds matchless style to your kitchen interiors. Plus, the height-adjustable stainless steel legs add stability to the appliance.
There are five sealed burners with different heat outputs and are accompanied by high quality cast iron grates. So, no worry about cooking different dishes at different temperatures; the burners made this simple for you. Even the sealed type burners ensure to contain spills and make cleaning and maintenance easier.
The side by side dual oven design ensures ample baking and grilling space at a time. The capacity of the main oven is 2.4 cu.ft. and that of the second is 1.5 cu.ft. So, you can use it the way you want to cook.
The range works on natural gas, but as per your own convenience, you can also use it with LP as it comes with an LP kit included. Well, its sophisticated features, amazing design and performance, and exceptional durability make it a great range to choose from for your kitchen.
- Overall stainless steel construction for durability
- 5 Sealed gas burners contain spills and make cleaning and maintenance easy
- High quality cast iron grates makes transferring of dishes over burners very easy
- Double ovens of 2.4 (Cu. Ft.) and 1.5 (Cu. Ft.) capacity
- Heavy-duty oven racks allow accommodating varying sizes of dishes easily
- 2 Turbo-Electric Convection Fan offers uniform heat distribution inside the oven
- Chrome knobs look stylish and make control easy
- Full-width storage compartment
- Lip kit included
- 2 Years of Manufacturing Warranty
- Sturdy and durable construction
- The temperature is good for any kind of cooking
- Much more spacious with the 5 burners and dual ovens
- Looks great and very easy to use
- Cleaning and maintenance is too easy
- A bit expensive, but the features and capacity justifies the price
3. Cosmo COS-F965NF 36″ Dual Fuel Range [Best Budget Pick]
Searching for the professional-grade and cost-efficient dual fuel range? If yes, then investing in the Cosmo COS-F965NF 36″ model is really the best bet. From stylish appearance to outstanding performance, the model stands out perfect in every manner.
This freestanding single oven dual fuel range features premium brushed stainless steel construction that looks elegant and ensures the longevity of the appliance too.
Ranging from 18,000 BTU triple ring burner for high heat cooking and boiling to the lower 5,000 BTU burner for precise heat and simmering delicate sauces, you can get precise cooking in a perfect way.
The 3.8 cu. ft. True European convection electric oven comes with enough inner capacity to accommodate various dishes. Plus, the two adjustable racks allow you to set the dishes accordingly. Moreover, with eight multiple oven functions, including Traditional Bake, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, High Broil, Low Broil, Pizza, Defrost, Light, the appliance offers versatility in cooking.
Another biggest benefit is its removable backsplash that gives you the flexibility to install it either as a free-standing or slide-in, what you love most.
- Premium brushed stainless steel construction
- Five high-performance burners with different heat outputs
- Spacious 3.8 cu.ft. single oven with eight different functions
- Precise even-heat multi-rack cooking for various types of foods
- Oven cavity cooling ventilation system for safe heat dissipation
- Premium metal knobs and timer for better control
- Flame failure technology and electronic ignition for added protection and efficiency
- It comes standard for natural gas, optional liquid propane conversion kit to use it accordingly
- 2 Years Limited Warranty
- Stylish look and appeal
- Outstanding performance of both the burners and the oven
- Removable backsplash to install it either as freestanding or slide-in
- It ensures faster and consistent cooking
- Equipped with all the standard safety features
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Great dual fuel range at this price tag
- No downsides noted yet
4. Cafe 30″ ADA Slide-In Front Control Dual-Fuel Range
For those who don’t want to compromise the look factor, buying this range is the best deal. Not only the quality and performance but with its sophisticated look, it’s a great addition to your dream kitchen. Its sleek and stylish design fits best with your kitchen interiors.
Entertaining a large group of people is now easier with its six burners edge-to-edge cooktop that allows you to cook multiple meals at a time. Moreover, the burners are designed in a way that can easily accommodate cookware of all sizes, and the continuous cast iron griddles ease flipping of crab cakes, arepas, and other mouthwatering delights.
A large 7 cu.ft. double oven allows you to host parties for large gatherings without worrying about running out of meals. Even more, the oven is featured with True European Convection with precise air, so you will always get even and perfect baking results.
There are roller racks that glide smoothly, so you can easily remove heavy dishes. A temperature probe is also there that ensures perfect roasts and meats the way you want without opening the oven door.
Another best feature you will find with this best dual fuel range is its sleek backlit glass touch control panel that visually disappears when not in use and wakes up when prompted.
One thing that is definitely the biggest plus of this appliance is it’s easy to control operation via your smartphone or device using your voice command with WiFi Connect. So, isn’t it the best bang for your bucks appliance? Grab it now and transform your way of cooking!
- Six burners, edge-to-edge cooktop
- Cast-iron integrated griddle
- 7.0 cu. ft. double oven featuring Electric True European Convection with Precise Air in the oven for even baking results
- Sleek backlit glass touch control panel
- Smooth glide-racks to easily remove heavy dishes
- Temperature probe to get the right roasts and meat without opening the oven door
- Easy control through Wi-Fi Connect using your smart devices
- 2 Years Warranty
- Elegant and classy design
- Sturdy and durable built
- Delivers perfect cooking and baking results
- Controlling via voice command is a nice feature
- No downsides noted yet
5. Kucht KRD366F-S Professional 36″ Dual Fuel Range
This is yet another best dual fuel range in our list rated best for its top-notch performance and quality. The Kucht KRD366F-S professional dual fuel range is designed for large kitchen spaces to give you an experience of professional-style cooking.
The model boasts a total of six sealed burners (Three high intensity 18,000 BTU, two 15,000 and one 12,000 BTU burners) for high power cooking. The porcelainized cooking surface and sealed burners keep spills and thus ensures cleaning and maintenance easy. It also ensures a continuous flame and reignites automatically if accidentally extinguished; that is the best benefit.
Over to the oven, it is featured with convection cooking that circulates hot air with a fan and thus allows faster and even cooking of food. The total oven capacity is 5.2 cu.ft. , pretty big enough, along with five rack configuration for easy cooking in large amounts. What’s more is the interior halogen lighting and a clear view window that ensures easy visibility of what you are cooking inside the oven.
- Full stainless steel construction with professional handle and knobs
- Extra-large convection oven with 5.2 cu.ft. capacity
- 6 individual burners at the range top for high power cooking
- Continuous cast-iron grates for easy shifting of pots and pans from burner to burner
- Electronic ignition with auto re-ignition will keep you safe by lowering the risk of gas leaks
- High-quality tuxedo black metal control knobs
- Fully adjustable heavy duty legs
- 2 Years warranty on parts and labor
- A commercial-grade range at a reasonable price
- Looks fantastic
- Great in terms of functions and performance
- Excellent customer service
- No downsides note yet
How to Choose the Best Dual Fuel Range? (Buying Guide)
A dual fuel range combines a gas-fuelled stovetop and an electric oven at the base. It performs better over the versions having both an oven and the cooktop are gas-fuelled. In these ranges:
The open flame of the gas cooktop offers excellent heating power and temperature control and;
The electric oven ensures even heating of food along with the advantageous self-cleaning option.
But there are many more deciding factors before buying a dual fuel range. Make your job easy by reading this buying guide for a dual fuel range.
1. Build Quality
Build quality determines how long your dual fuel range will last? Always opt for the quality and branded models, as the cheap quality dual fuel range will ditch you and let you spend extra costs on its maintenance or service.
When looking for a dual-fuel range, nothing is better than the overall stainless steel construction. It not only gives a premium appeal to the appliance but also adds to its durability. And the best part is that it is easy to clean in just a single wipe. On the same note, go for the one with cast-iron grates covering the ignition flame burners. These are durable and long-lasting.
2. Cooking Power
If your range is not capable of delivering the kind of cooking power you need to handle while cooking a variety of dishes, then it is absolutely a waste of money. Therefore, considering the cooking power for both the burners and the oven is very important to get the desired cooking results.
For the cooktop, it is important that it must come with the burners having variable cooking powers. So that, you may be able to reach the high heats for perfect searing and at the same time reaching the low temperatures for careful simmering and melting.
The same for the oven; if you want to enjoy robust bake, broil, and even convection cooking, it must come with cooking power to match your requirements.
Choosing the right side of the range is very important so that it not only matches your kitchen style but also serves your cooking needs. But how to choose the right size? It’s as simple as that. Measure the standard width, depth, and height where you need to install it, and then choose the appropriate size of the range that fits best to your installation space.
The standard width of a range is 30 inches; however, you can also find wider-than-average 36- or 48-inch ranges if you want more room for cooking.
Installation is somehow the most important part while considering the dual fuel ranges. These ranges require both electricity and gas for operation; therefore, you need both an electric outlet of 240 volts as well as a gas pipeline (natural or propane). As an important note, the dual fuel ranges require higher power (240 Volt) than an all-gas range that needs only (120 volts) for operation.
5. Sealed Burners
The dual-fuel ranges come with 4,5, or 6 burner options that you can choose depending upon your needs. Even more, the different heat output of these burners let you do from low simmering to high power cooking with ease. And the best part is that these burners are capped with high-quality cast-iron grates that we have already mentioned earlier. These grates add to the safety point and prevent you from accidental gas leaks or flame ignition.
Now, why sealed burners? Sealed burners provide messy drips not to fall under it and thus ensures easy cleaning of the cooktop.
6. Sturdy Cast Iron Grates
You can find this feature in almost all the best dual fuel ranges. The sturdy cast-iron grates ensure the user’s safety and comfort. Even more, it is also easy to clean in just a single wipe and therefore prevents stain collection. It also prevents the possibility of gas leaks or accidental flame ignition while using the burners.
7. Compatibility with LP/NG
Well, this is a great feature that allows you to use your range using both liquified petroleum or natural gas as per your requirements. Though in most of the models, the cooking stoves are fuelled by natural gas, the manufacturers also provide an additional LP conversion kit so that you can use it with that fuel. If, in case, the conversion kit is not included in the package, you may buy it separately to use your range accordingly.
What capacity of oven do you really need? Well, many dual fuel ranges come with a single oven, while some have dual ovens too, either up and down or side by side. You may consider the one depending upon the space of installation or how much you cook at a time.
9. Convection Heating
For those who are passionate bakers, or love to enjoy cooking roasts, poultry, or other foods where a crisp and brown finish is important, choosing the range with convection mode is great.
Well, the latest dual fuel ranges come with this feature that ensures to circulate hot air evenly throughout the oven, for more even and thorough heating. You have the option from the below listed three types of convection heating to choose from
- True European Convection- It includes a fan at the back of the oven along with a heating element around it. It ensures faster heating as well as more even and thorough cooking of the food.
- Dual Convection- For better crisp and browning as well as more thorough cooking than the above, the dual convection is best. It works the same way like the True European Convection but includes two fans for offering the best results.
- Fan Convection- The oven with fan convection does not include a heating element around it. Just with the fan at the back, it draws the air in and sends it back into the oven to eliminate hot and cold spots.
10. Self-cleaning Function
Accumulated food debris and drips inside your oven is a bit difficult to clean if done manually. In this case, the oven with a self-cleaning function is a life-saver. The function allows to clean the oven using the heat at about 900 degrees, for a time period of 2-3 hours. Once done, you can simply wipe it with a damp cloth for a clean and shiny interior.
11. Built-in Temperature Probes
Most of the advanced models of dual fuel ranges come with built-in temperature probes or meat thermometers for the oven, so that your food comes out perfectly cooked. It can also avoid overcooking and allow easy monitoring of the food from a distance.
12. Air Fry
Not a necessary but a great feature for those who love oil-free cooking. Many high-end models of dual fuel ranges have an oven with an air-fry function. It actually combines the convection cooking with a powerful heat to create the crunch of deep-frying without using oil.
13. Under Oven Drawer
In most of the models, you will find under oven drawers. Some serve the purpose of storing pans, accessories, and foodstuff. Some high-end models include a warming drawer that keeps your food warm for some specific period of time. Thus, it can be useful for serving your food hot.
Dual fuel ranges are such an expensive piece of appliances. The basic models cost around $1500, and hi-tech models can go up to $10,000. To invest in a decent type dual fuel range, you must have to invest between $2000 to $4000 depending upon the features and functionalities you want.
Pros and Cons of Dual Fuel Ranges
- Excellent control over the temperature and heating power of open flames of the burners
- Faster preheating
- The electric oven provides more temperature accuracy
- Convection oven feature ensures better baking and roasting results
- The dual-fuel ranges offer a premium aesthetic appeal to your kitchen interiors
- More expensive over all-gas ranges or all-electric ranges
- You also need to add a gas line to operate these appliances; therefore it is an additional cost to consider
So now you are clear that a dual fuel range offers powerful cooktop functions, precision oven controls, and more than that exception style to your kitchen. So isn’t it a best investment?
Well we hope, this buying guide and reviews of the best dual fuel ranges will let you find out your preferred choice. Happy Shopping!